Wednesday, February 12, 2014

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&ved=0CG4QFjAH&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aging.ksu.edu%2FDesktopModules%2FViewDocument.aspx%3FDocumentID%3D1789&ei=n7j7Ut7nH-by0gHa7YHwBQ&usg=AFQjCNF7FmX6axQV__Y4xZyofYsey_e9KA&sig2=EsAw7aEvGGx_N9r1-bpMlw&bvm=bv.61190604,d.dmQ

Age Buzz...the difference between Adult and Child Learners

Apparently my comments on the difference between adult learners and children was lost in my novice attempt to blog. 

However, it is my belief that children need more concrete information and then can eventually learn how it exists in abstract form. Adults have the ability to learn abstractly, but it seems that it all boils down to why an adult is seeking knowledge. The article focuses mainly on Knowles' work but it is my belief that each individual has specific needs. Children need direction because they do not have life experience. Adults have life experiences and can identify what they need to know and they can seek out the means too find that knowledge. 


I believe that differentiating between adults and children is semantics. It is a way to help us to understand each population better to possibly create a way to serve them in the best way. For me, I prefer a Montessori approach in which each learner decides what they need to learn that day, the best way to learn the material according to their own learning style. I believe this would benefit a learner at any age. 


No comments:

Post a Comment